In the past few weeks, our Pastor along with a group of other pastors from area churches have been in discussions of when and how to restart church services while ensuring the safety of our congregations. It is their desire to show unity with other churches in the area and begin holding limited services on May 17th. Notifications will be made on May 11th to area public safety officials, local radio stations, and newspapers of this decision in order to inform the public.
With the expected easing of restrictions by our state officials, we will endeavor to comply with all restrictions in order to avoid spreading COVID-19 to others. It is our intention to begin with (2) Sunday Morning Services in order to limit the number of people in each service. The first service will begin at 8:30 with doors opening at 8:15, and be less than (1) hour in length. This will allow for surfaces to be cleaned prior to the second service which will begin at 10:30 with doors opening at 10:15. We suggest that those arriving early, remain in their vehicles until we open the doors 15 minutes before the start of each service and avoid congregating before and after services.
The following restrictions and conditions will be implemented as we restart our services:
1. Pa Health Secretary Levine advises face masks are not required but are recommended.
2. For those with a compromised immune system or other limiting health conditions, it is recommend you wear a face mask for your own protection or consider not attending at this time.
3. For those not feeling well, or having any of the COVID-19 symptoms, we would ask that you do not attend services in order to protect others.
4. Parents bringing young children will need to exercise control of them at all times.
5. Spacial distancing will be encouraged while on church property.
6. Immediately following services, everyone is expected to exit the church building.
7. Exiting the church will be orderly, row by row, with our church ushers supervising.
8. There will be no Sunday School, Junior Church, or nursery services provided.
We will continue to provide sermon notes to those that desire them, but no church bulletins will be distributed. If you have offering to give, there will be a receptacle provided as you enter or exit the church building.
We will not gather for Sunday evening or Wednesday services until such time as conditions improve, but we will continue to Livestream all services except the 8:30 am service. CD’s are available upon request, and all services will be uploaded to youtube later that same day by the search: Pastor Keith Showalter. It is our desire to keep everyone safe but to preach the Gospel, providing some comfort to you at this time. As always, you can reach Pastor Showalter by e-mail at email@example.com. or by phone at 814-937-9938.